Given the Haryana Epidemic Disease, COVID-19 Regulation, 2020, dated March 11, no private medical college or hospital can charge a COVID patient more than the rates or packages fixed for various treatment modalities under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
Dr. RS Dahiya, Professor, PGIMS Rohtak (Retired)
COVID-19 in Haryana
Every district now has a dedicated COVID hospital in Haryana .
- For Sirsa, Hisar and Fatehabad, Maharaja Aggarsen Medical College Hospital, Agroha, Hisar, is the the designated hospital. This has 550 beds.
- For Nuh, Shahid Hasan Khan Mewati Government Medical College, Nalhar, with 600 beds, has been designated
- For Rewari and Narnaul, SGT Medical College Hospital, Budhera, Gurugram, with 80 beds have been reserved.
- For the Gurugram district, ESIC Hospital, sector 9-A, Gurugram, with 125 beds has been designated,
- For Rohtak, Jind, Bhiwani and Jhajjar, Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma PGIMS Rohtak, with 500 beds, has been reserved and is operation for patient care.
- Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women Khanpur Kalan, Sonipat, with 150 beds is being used for patients from Sonipat and Panipat.
- Adesh Medical College Hospital, Shahbad, Kurukshetra, with 410 beds will be for Karnal, Kurukshetra and Kaithal.
- MMU Mulana, Ambala, with 210 beds is catering to Ambala and Yamunanagar.
- ESIC Medical College Hospital, Faridabad, with 210 beds is designated for Faridabad and Palwal.
- For Panchkula, two hospitals have been designated. One is Paras Hospital with 23 beds and other is Civil Hospital, Sector 6, Panchkula, with 113 beds.
As per the latest guidelines, COVID patients to be referred to the designated hospitals of their districts only.
They have to be referred in designated ambulances and the staff accompanying the patients have to take precautionary measures.
According to the norms, the ambulances have to be disinfected after every visit.
Civil Surgeons have been directed to keep a record of every referred case.
Eight private labs have been approved for the testing.
As far as government sector is concerned, the testing facility is available at 12 government labs.
Further, on the recommendations of ICMR, the use of rapid point-of-care antigen test kits has also been started for Covid-19 diagnosis.
The government also said the latest information regarding Covid-19 — such as total number of positive cases, active cases, deaths, tests, positivity rate, tests per million, etc — is made available on daily basis in the health bulletin.
The district-wise detailed information such as number and names of dedicated hospitals and health centres, number of beds, number of ventilators, details of testing labs and collection centres along with their maps are available on govt portal.
The coronaharyana.in portal for updating of information about covid 19 in Haryana and different districts of Haryana .